Since September 2013, every parent or carer of a student at the Music Centre is automatically a member of the Friends Association without needing to pay a membership fee. This means that being a “Friend” no longer provides a source of income for Bury Music Centre. So we have decided to introduce an annual voluntary donation scheme. Donations can be gift aided so that we can increase the value of your gift by 25%. You can choose to give as little or as much as you want.
Donations pay for:
- Financial assistance to put on concerts in Bury and Greater Manchester
- Help towards the cost of competitions
- Bursaries to support students learning 2nd instruments such as the bassoon, oboe and cello
- Purchase of instruments, music and music stands
- Instrument loans and hardship funds
As a guide, membership was set at £6 for as long as we can remember! Many people commented on how low the fee was – so you may decide to give more. All donations will be gladly received!
If you would like us to claim Gift Aid on your donation, please complete the form: Friends – Gift Aid Form below (please read using Adobe Acrobat, as other applications may not display the form correctly.)
Official donation buckets will be available at Music Centre, or you can donate in person at the Friends’ Office. (Cheques payable to “FBMC”). If you want to know more, please visit our office on a Saturday morning at the Music Centre.